I have FOUR blog awards! Being a brand new blogger and all, I’m flattered beyond belief. I will try to live up to them as my blogging experience continues.
I meant to post about these over the weekend, but yeah, that didn’t happen. Sorry, Karen. But here they are now! The first is The Reader Appreciation Award:
The rules for this award are as follows:
“1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer the 9 questions below
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.”
Here are the questions:
What is your favorite colour?
It changes, but lately I’ve been drawn to red and robin’s egg blue. How very retro of me.
What’s your favorite animal?
Crows, because they are crazy intelligent. If they had opposable thumbs, they would probably take over.
What’s your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
To answer the same as Karen – Coffee.
Facebook or Twitter?
I’m on Twitter more these days, so I guess I’ll go with that. But I use them for different purposes.
What is your favorite pattern?
Pattern? Hmm. Celtic knotwork.
Favorite day of the week?
What is your passion?
The second award is The Most Inspiring Blogger Award.
Now, I haven’t blogged very much 😉 but it is good encouragement, and the award challenge is fun. I’m supposed tell you seven things about myself that you probably don’t know, and then nominate other blogs to do the same.
1. I used to have the entirety of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” memorized. I can still recite the lines along with it.
2. I lived in Indonesia from the age of 11 until 13.
3. My husband and I were high school sweethearts, and got married after college.
4. I went through a brief period of time in highschool where I wanted to be a stand-up comedian. (Thank goodness that period was brief – I wasn’t that funny)
5. I wish I had red hair like Anne Shirley
6. I love 40s retro stuff
7. I am a Dance Central freak
The 3rd award is The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, which as far as I can tell, has no requirements except to pass it on:
ALSO, a while back, Felicia Tatum over at http://followyourdreamsalways.blogspot.com/ nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and I feel awful that I am just now putting it up here. Thank you, Felicia! Please check out her blog. She really is a beautiful blogger.
Now for the nominees, in no particular order: (You are nominated for all of the awards, by the way, but you don’t have to do all of them if you don’t want to. I’ll understand. It’s a lot to do!)
Ellie Flynn http://petrichorgalore.blogspot.com/
Karen Robiscoe http://karenrobiscoe.com/
M.D. Kenning http://mdkenning.com/
Sydney Aaliyah http://sydneyaaliyah.wordpress.com/
Emma McCarthy http://freejournowriter.wordpress.com/
Karen Einsel (for the Beautiful Bloggers Award, since obviously you already have the other 3) http://karensdifferentcorners.wordpress.com/
Felicia Tatum (for the top 3 awards, since obviously you already have the Beautiful Bloggers Award) http://followyourdreamsalways.blogspot.com/
And that, my friends, is that! I hope your Friday the 13th is a good one, and your weekend fantastic as well!